Okay... I said it to someone recently. Who was it? I said, "We've been pretty lucky. Amelia hasn't ever actually thrown up--just spit up." Now, for the record, I don't actually believe in superstitions. However, I think coincidences are funny. I would consider this particular event a coincidence. Last night, as Andrew and I were in bed reading (way too late to still be up, as usual), Amelia kept crying out. It's not unusual for her to cry out once or twice and then roll over and go back to sleep.
It is unusual for her to continue to cry for longer than a minute, as was this case. So I went in to see if she was having teeth or burp issues or needed a diaper. I laid her down to change her and the fussing began. She doesn't usually fuss a lot when we change her diaper, but lately she's been not super-fond of it (probably due to her stomach problems last week). Anyway, it didn't take much time for me to realize what all the complaining was about. Poor Amelia felt better, but I think she was pretty shocked with the whole incident. Outfit change number one commenced and then I held Amelia for awhile to try to get her back to sleep. She was so tired, but was very interested in the cats. She kept saying 'og.' I think she is confused from seeing Maggie and Ziva last week. After a short while Amelia gladly went back into her crib and I to my own bed... until 3:??. I have no idea. All I know is I heard the wail and jolted out of bed to find Amelia sick again. Andrew was super awesome and got up and changed the crib sheet for us. I went back to the couch to 'rest' with Amelia. Luckily we avoided outfit change number 3 during out 'rest,' but there was a blanket that didn't make it. Somewhere around 4:30 Amelia and I went back to bed and stayed there until almost 10 (She typically takes her first nap anywhere between 9 and 10!!). This is unheard of in our house.
Today, she appears to be fine. I've been cautious with the food I've given her, but all has gone well so far. I even talked with Peds (I needed to on an unrelated subject anyway) and they said it's typical of kids in her age group to do this only at night for a few nights. Hopefully it was just a one-nighter for us, but we'll see. I think she and I would both love to sleep a full night tonight.
**UPDATE: Amelia had no problems through the night. I think she just may not be ready for rotisserie chicken quite yet.
3 comments:
oh my! That sounds like a miserable night! I hope that its a one-nighter as well. Get better soon, Amelia =)
Stay healthy Andrew, Sondra, and Baby #2 !!
So sorry to hear she was sick. Do you think it was the rotisserie chicken or stomach flu? Also...very cool she said 'og - I'll tell Ziva :)
Talk to you later, have to get ready for TeamKid.
I think it was food related. My guess is the stomach flu would have been much worse and lasted for longer. I guess we'll see what all the other kids around here turn up with... hopefully not much!
Post a Comment