Thursday, October 15, 2009

Big Baby

Well... we'll see.  This baby is measuring 25 weeks instead of 20 weeks as of my doctor appointment Monday.  I was semi-relieved since I was feeling like the baby was higher than I thought it should be at this point.  My doctor confirmed that I was not imagining it.  He didn't seem concerned at all, even though we know my due date is close* to accurate.  If I remember correctly, Amelia measured large in the middle of my pregnancy too--just not by this much.  Plus, she turned out to be a tiny baby so this will be interesting.  Luckily, next time we will have an ultrasound and find out the baby's gender and approximate size.  I will also have my glucose test at that time.  The appointment will go like this: 
1) Urinalysis for lab
2) Drink insanely sweet sugar mixture
3) waiting/Ultrasound/waiting
4) Blood draw to check glucose levels/waiting
5) Appointment with Doctor

This can make for a long afternoon at the Doctor's office, but I guarantee it will go so fast because of the excitement of the ultrasound.  We can't wait.  Stay tuned for more baby details after November 12th!  And don't forget to make your predictions in our baby pool.  Don't worry--there is no penalty for guessing the wrong gender.

*within 3 days due to ultrasound at 6 weeks.

No comments: