Friday, October 19, 2012

Visitors!!

We've been lucky to have visitors the last few weeks.  Here are the kids after a fun day with Uncle J last weekend on our way home from the Pumpkin Patch/Apple Orchard.  I'm amazed we got one that is in focus.   We hit Incredible Pizza the next day for a second time (thanks to Groupon and LivingSocial deals!)-total win.


Amelia and Levi with their Daddy and Aunt Alicia getting ready to ride Go Karts at Incredible Pizza a couple weeks ago.  I like watching Andrew drive Go Karts.  It is perhaps the most competitive I ever get to see him... well, other than during Settlers of Catan. :)  Aunt Alicia was a good sport to play a sometimes never-ending Candyland with a four and two year old.


Grammy and Papa N. helping with duck races on our trip to the orchard three weeks ago.  A & L were pretty good, even with their ducks continually filling up with water and not going anywhere. :)  The weather was gorgeous and we haven't had a weekend that nice since then.  I got my awesome Dad (and photographer assistant Mom) to shoot some pics of us at the park with the changing leaves.  Maybe, just maybe, there could be Christmas cards... we'll see.  Ha!

P.S.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!! :)

I failed to get any sort of a good picture, but four weeks ago we also had some good friends come to visit from Eastern Iowa.  It was fun having a short reunion and crazy to see how many kiddos there are between all of us now.  The men were still working and would meet up with us later on the Friday they arrived, so 3 other women and myself took 13 kids to McDonald's for lunch.  We were a sight!  It was definitely an interesting, almost vulnerable feeling (well, for me) just waiting for a comment about 'all our kids,' but we were all really thankful for the older woman eating lunch, who sat a row back with her husband, and just smiled joyfully-- and commended us on doing a good job.  So nice to hear, especially from a stranger... in public... between Ruby fussing... and Levi spilling his chocolate milk everywhere, lol.  Thank you random lady!

We've had a lot of fun with everyone.  I'm not usually this great at posting pics after visits, but my phone told me I had to get rid of some photos if I wanted to take more, so I sifted through several and saw these while I just happened to have blogger open.  Thanks to everyone for visiting!!  We are going to use this weekend to relax, and relax, and get some things organized around the house hopefully.  And if there is any more time we will probably relax again, ha!

Happy Weekend to all of you!
S.


2 comments:

kyleswife said...

what a tease! i want to see a fall pic :) actually, i'd really like to have one for my wall. or even just one of you sondra, because the rest of our siblings are represented, but you are not anywhere to be found. if i can't have you in missouri, i need you on my wall.

Sondra said...

I don't think there is just one of me, but there is one of me and Andrew. I have yet to see most of them, but I will get you one. If I can't be in MO, then I want to be on your wall. Lol, I think your way sounded better. ;)