Remember this? Let's see how well I have done on the goals for my 28th year...
1. Memorize the wife of noble character verses (Proverbs 31:10-31).
Still working on it! I am making progress though.
2. Wear more jewelry.
Much room for improvement.
3. Read (and finish) 4 books this year. I love reading, but don't make enough time for it.
Two books done! I would love to do book reviews on the books I read, but maybe when I get more time.
4. Drink 2+ glasses of water a day.
Failing, unless you count it in decaf tea. My intentions were straight water though.
5. Print and decorate with the billions of photos we have on SD cards.
Not yet, but this new house makes me more motivated to do this.
6. Plan meals for the month in advance.
January and February I did good, then Levi was born. Enough said. Although. as of last week we started a new five day rotation that is going very well.
7. Vote (educated) in a non-presidential year.
Not yet... There's still November though. I actually was going to go in June, but it wouldn't have been more than one or two educated guesses.
8. Make better efforts to keep in touch with my friends.
I have made a few phone calls. I have about 231 more to go... or something big like that.
9. Take a break (regularly) from my kids.
I've only done this a couple times and it was good. We are planning to go away for a night for our FIVE year anniversary this year. We're also talking about going to Chicago in December for a getaway, but we'll see how things go.
10. Keep the blog up to date.
11. Have a daily quiet time--even if it's short.
Failing. If thinking about it counts then I should get credit, but it doesn't.
12. Have a baby. Hey, you have to give yourself a couple gimmes.
2/25. Birth story one of these days.
13.
I guess Andrew would really need to answer this, but I think I have definitely improved.
14. Make the most of my coupon clippings/deals.
Not even close. Every time I have to buy something I have a coupon for at home (probably packed up still) I cringe.
15. Be nicer to my Mom. Sometimes those you are closest to get to see the ugliest side of you.
I think so... again, I'd need to ask my Mom I guess.
16. Order things I don't typically order at a restaurant.
Check. Or at least one time I did and I remembered my goal while I was doing it.
17. Enjoy my crazy-busy life.
I love it, even though it can be difficult!
18. Learn a new craft or skill.
19. Go to bed by 10:30 when possible. This excludes occasions of hanging out with family and friends.
I think I have done this 5 times since Levi has been born. Needs work!
20. Don't be judgmental of other parents.
Considerably better. Improvement always needed.
21. Run a 5K by Dec 2010.
Who wants to watch the Samp kids in the early morning on 10/23?? Anyone? I haven't registered, but Andrew and I are up for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
22. Floss more.
I used to do this every other day...
23. Organize our entire house. Get rid of the clutter. This is big, but doable.
Hahaha, not close yet. I packed up my disorganization and moved it to a bigger house... oh boy.
24. Learn to mow grass-- well. Quit laughing, I'm serious.
On the short list for our next date night. I know seems lame for a date, but I think we can make it fun :)
25. Dress up for Halloween.
26. Return emails in a timely fashion.
I need work.
27. Write more letters and send more cards.
I need work here too.
28. Learn to drive a stick shift. Does anyone even have a stick shift?
This isn't looking good.
Well, I still have almost three months... so that is the good news. The bad news is in three months more than likely we will be surrounded by snow and Christmas decorations! You just got a little nauseous, didn't you? On that note, enjoy fall!! Oh and think of some ideas for my new list for 29! Leave them in the comments if you wish. I need ideas.
5 comments:
great idea! i may try and adopt that idea since i just turned 29! first my list - find time to write 29 things i would like to accomplish! :o)
Loved the update! #28--We can introduce you to the red pickup next time you're here. You'll be an expert at driving a stick shift by the time you leave!
#18--I think you must be suffering from 'tired mommy perspective' because it is definitely a skill to be able to simultaneously: hold a baby, prepare dinner, redirect a toddler and find/answer your phone. Silly girl, you know lots of new skills. (-:
i think it is great you have this list! i don't think i've had so many goals for one year, and i doubt i'd be as successful at them as you. yes, and if the three other samp ladies can drive a stick, you will be able to as well. i think you are doing a swell job with these goals :)
Great Goals... I think it would overwhelm me to have so many goals for the year... maybe even though you're turning 29, you could make a few less goals & just focus on completing them :) It also might help to make some of them more measurable... like:
#2: "Wear jewelry once a week"
#8: "Call and chat with one friend for about a 1/2 hour once a week"
#27: "Send birthday cards to 5 people a month"
That way you'll know that you've actually completed them and can check them off a list each week/month... making you feel more accomplished!
I still have a long way to go in this category too... but I'm working on it too!
This is true. I have considered making less goals/aspirations, but several of these things are light-hearted and don't take away time from others, like wearing more jewelry. So I think what I might do for next year is have a handful of focus-worthy goals and make the rest fun or trivial. I've been trying to figure out a way of measuring so thanks for some ideas!! Although, I'm not sure I'll do great to keep track of measurements, but maybe!!
Post a Comment