Friday, October 8, 2010

Amelia Jane, age 2

 Amelia had her 2 year appointment last week a while ago.  She weighed in at 25 1/2 lbs and just shy of 32 inches.  She is doing fabulous.  Here are some other fun things about Amelia:

Favorite foods: pickles, cheese, yogurt and yogurt covered raisins.

Favorite thing to do:  Go outside and do anything.  Bubbles are pretty high on her list though.
Favorite playground feature: The Slide.  In a 3 minute trip to the store I hear the word slide approximately 23 times.  She requested to go to the pool when it was 65 degrees out the other day so we could use the slide...

Best Friend:  Leah!!  These two have a reputation in our church for their friendship.  They are hilarious.

Nicknames:  Mia (oddly enough I love this nickname, but I have Leah to thank for using it and it sticking) and AJ, although mostly she is still Amelia.  She also gets called Miss Jane or Amelia Jane at home often.

TV Character favorites:  Elmo and Barney.  She goes back and forth as to who she likes better.  Other honorable mentions would include VeggieTales, Sid the Science Kid and SuperWhy.  Thankfully, she doesn't typically like to watch TV other than when she is first waking up of a morning.

Favorite books:  Goodnight Gorilla, Max and Ruby, and apparently The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  I introduced it to her the other day and had to read it THREE times consecutively before nap time.  She loves to be read to and to 'read' by herself.

Favorite color:  I think she has decided on blue.  She was showing a strong preference for pink first, then orange, and now blue.

Worst habits:  picking nose and not wanting to go to bed.  I have a super adorable picture of her picking her nose (if that's possible), but because I feel like she is getting to the age where I feel I should respect her and protect her from future embarrassment I will overcome temptation and not post it here.  Now that doesn't mean I won't show you if you come to my house...


Best traits:  She is hilarious.  She loves to love--the girl gives the best hugs.  She is a GREAT big sister.  She is a walking ray of sunshine.  She is also a sponge.  I love her ability and desire to learn right now!
 Things she already knows:
  • colors
  • animal sounds
  • body parts
  • how to potty!
  • most  family members other than Mommy, Daddy and Levi
Things we are trying to teach Amelia right now:
  • to obey her Mommy and Daddy (Ephesians 6:1-3)
  • manners
  • counting to 10
  • ABC's
  • days of the week
  • Jesus loves her!
This feels so incomplete, but I'm sure even if I typed all day I could not encompass all that she knows or does.  She's pretty amazing though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Amelia Jane!
Thanks for the updates, Sondra. You do such a terrific job--of both writing and raising...the fourth 'R' (-:
Sue

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on the special little lady in Ames.
Makes my heart smile to read and see it.
GG

Anonymous said...

What a great update on Amelia Jane. Thanks for including us. We're looking forward to seeing your family over the holidays. Love you all - The Switzers !!