Friday, February 19, 2010

Twenty-eight

I stole this fabulous idea from a person I don't even know.  The idea is to have the a number of goals or ambitions that match your age and to make your birthday your start date.  Well, in December I turned 28 and wrote out 28 things I want to try to accomplish or come as close to as possible in the next year.  Some of them I've already slacked on, but mostly I'm feeling pretty confident about what's left of my time.  In no particular order:

1.  Memorize the wife of noble character verses (Proverbs 31:10-31).

2.  Wear more jewelry.

3.  Read (and finish) 4 books this year.  I love reading, but don't make enough time for it.

4.  Drink 2+ glasses of water a day.

5.  Print and decorate with the billions of photos we have on SD cards.

6.  Plan meals for the month in advance.

7.  Vote (educatedly) in a non-presidential year.

8.  Make better efforts to keep in touch with my friends.

9.  Take a break (regularly) from my kids.

10.  Keep the blog up to date.

11.  Have a daily quiet time--even if it's short.

12.  Have a baby. Hey, you have to give yourself a couple gimmes.

13.  Love Respect Andrew intentionally.  For those of you who haven't seen or read Love & Respect this might not make sense.

14.   Make the most of my coupon clippings/deals.

15.  Be nicer to my Mom.  Sometimes those you are closest to get to see the ugliest side of you.

16.  Order things I don't typically order at a restaurant.

17.  Enjoy my crazy-busy life.

18.  Learn a new craft or skill.

19.  Go to bed by 10:30 when possible.  This excludes occasions of hanging out with family and friends.

20.  Don't be judgmental of other parents.

21.  Run a 5K by Dec 2010.

22.  Floss more.

23.  Organize our entire house.  Get rid of the clutter.  This is big, but doable.

24.  Learn to mow grass-- well.  Quit laughing, I'm serious.

25.  Dress up for Halloween.

26.  Return emails in a timely fashion. 

27.  Write more letters and send more cards.

28.  Learn to drive a stick shift.  Does anyone even have a stick shift?

Well, those are my goals for the rest of the year.  I have to get to bed since it's past 10:30 and should get some rest since I am going to cross off number 12 any day now.


Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.  Ephesians 5:15-16.

4 comments:

Sue said...

We can easily take care of #28 next time you're here...and #9 whenever possible! (-:
Great idea...not sure I want to start with the number of years I'm at now, but maybe the decades? lol

kyleswife said...

i'm with you on #2 and #15. i'm awesome at wearing earrings, but i tend to leave out the necklace because they're a jumbled mess. i'm proof #23 CAN be accomplished, but now i already need to do it again, as i pack our things. might be easier to start that way? oh, and yeah, my car's sitting out at the farm ready for someone to drive (if it worked lol), so i can say i honestly still own a stick shift #28! i think it's a handy skill to have :)

GMa S said...

i'm on your team, betting you will accomplish most of them if not all.
But a 5K, that's lots in my mind. ;-)

Heather said...

i like your list! :)
and we own a stick. they're fun to drive.