Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Amelia!

One year ago today I was in a hospital room holding a tiny, fragile baby. It was one of the greatest days of both Andrew's and my life. We are so blessed to be the parents of this precious little girl. We celebrated yesterday with a debatably small-ish party. There are plenty of details to mention later and photos I do not possess, but hope to soon. Here is what my Mom got with our camera while Amelia ate her birthday cake.

Before the fun. Thanks Tracey for the awesome bib!

"This is how I feel about people singing to me."

Amelia was very hesitant. I tried to coax her with a taste of frosting... but that didn't really motivate her too much.

"Well, Dad put my hands in it so I guess it must be okay..."

We stopped eating cake due to chronic cake-in-eye syndrome. Her second taste of birthday cake this morning (minus frosting) went much more smoothly.

2 comments:

kyleswife said...

learning about the value of cake is important. i'm glad amelia is making progress :)

loved seeing you 3 (and everyone else), and getting to party too! miss you already.

Lisa said...

Happy birthday Amelia! I can't believe she's already a year old!