Look out everybody! The Samps now have multiple ways to update this blog as we finally have replaced our computer that took a dive almost exactly a year ago. Plus, I have learned the secret to emailing posts from my phone. I'm pretty excited about that actually since most of my pictures are on my phone anyway.
Time for updates!
Amelia will be three in less than two months! She's pretty excited that and has requested a Belle cake. I'm not complaining as it is a step down from the castle I thought I was going to have to make. She is currently obsessed with Belle from Beauty and the Beast and (ballroom) dancing. How Ironic that her Daddy nicknamed her Belle while in utero. When I bought the movie in college due to the great Disney vault conspiracy*, I had no clue it would end up providing countless hours of infatuation for my child. She is also very active in trying to hear the baby's heartbeat with imaginary stethoscopes. Someone is very excited to have a new sibling in November.
Levi is almost 17 months old. I can't believe that when Amelia was 17 months old we were expecting him at any time! He is full of boy and full of fun, and a bit of ornery if you can imagine. He can say a ridiculous amount of words for his age. We were keeping track, but once we hit 30 I think we gave up. He'll repeat about anything you ask him to try, my favorite being "dude." He loves to play ball and is now finally really liking to sit still long enough for a (short) book. And lastly, not as exciting for most of you but definitely us, last week he switched without incident from lactose free milk to whole milk!!
Baby Topaz (as I'm calling it), is now almost 24 weeks along. Andrew really doesn't love that I call the baby Topaz, but he has not thought of anything else yet. We had our ultrasound a couple weeks ago and the baby is... A BABY! True story. We chose not to find out as we already have a girl and a boy, and since there isn't a ton of difference in season Topaz should be able to wear either Amelia or Levi's old outfits of about the same size. It adds a new element to the birth and should we decide to have another, I know we'll want to know the sex since we will no longer have even teams! All was very healthy with the baby and the due date remains the first week of November, although Mommy has a 'feeling' Topaz will arrive early.
We, the old people of the house, have been busy as usual. It's pretty complicated trying to get much done with two (three) small ones unless they are asleep. And really, when they are asleep... we sleep, or relax. No complaints, but it's just life for us now. I'm sure many think we are crazy for having more kiddos in a short amount of time, but it's a season of life and will be gone so soon. We just press on and when we get discouraged, we don't have to look around for long to realize how blessed we are. As my friend Heather's blog says: These are the longest days, but the shortest years. How true! And soon enough we will look back and miss the craziness.
Pics coming soon! Have a great day!
*The Disney Vault is actually one of the greatest marketing ploys in history, as discussed with friends the other night.
2 comments:
Yea! So glad to 'read all about it'! I love it! (-:
I've missed these! Glad you're back up and posting...Love, love, LOVE your blog (oops and all of you!) :)
Post a Comment