Thursday, November 18, 2010

Where does the time go?

You're probably wondering what is up with the huge lack of updates, huh?  If you haven't heard, our computer is a mess with some crazy virus or defect or something.  We are in the process of saving info, pics, and videos that we will lose when we reformat, but hopefully soon we can start with the tabula rasa (that's blank slate for you non-psychology people).  The biggest setback is that it is difficult to sit down at the computer for any extended period of time during the kids waking hours and besides all other general busyness, it crashes all the time.  Excuses, excuses.  Soon people, soon!

Updates:

Levi is a crawling mad man.  He started crawling at right about 8 months.  He is one of the fastest kids I've seen.  I'm actually a little afraid of what is to come.  I need to get pictures up as soon as I can because he is changing so fast!  We go to the doctor next week for his 9 month check up. 

Amelia is talking up a storm.  I love having exchanges with her where she knows what I'm saying.  We will be introducing a new segment to the blog called "Storyhour with Amelia" soon.  You will laugh.  She is currently mega excited about Christmas trees (I'm so proud) and cooking and dancing to name a few of many things.  She is unintentionally hilarious.  Tonight while getting ready for bed she was looking at my nose and mouth and said excitedly, "I see Mommy booger."  That's humbling, and really funny.

Andrew and I are getting ready to celebrate our first half decade of marriage in a few days!  We have been busy, busy as usual.  We are still working on unpacking things and organizing our home.  Slow and steady wins the race I guess.  We've enjoyed visitors and guests and looking forward to more soon!  Love it!! 

And I'm sure I'm forgetting a TON of things.  And I was told to never start a sentence with the word And.  You'd be surprised how often I consider all my years of Grammar education when I post blogs.  The most common thing that happens is I start to use multiple commas and then I hear Larry Gardner's voice, "When in doubt--leave it out."  Therefore, if you see a missing comma, I probably talked myself out of it--which has happened at least 3 times in this post alone.  Signing off.


The Samp Tour:  Cedar Rapids
October 2010

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think blog writings and blog grammar fall under the category of 'literary license'. I just totally made that up, but shall we go with it? (-: Sue