Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Balloon Classic

The day after we got back from Storm Lake our dear friend Kate graciously watched Amelia so Andrew and I could take a day date to Des Moines. We love our little girl, but we cherish the times we get to just focus on each other. Kate did a great job with Amelia and Andrew and I had a fabulous time having lunch, exploring a few shops and grabbing some ice cream before we headed back to Ames.

On Wednesday we took Amelia to see her first hot air balloon glow! Each year Indianola has what they call the Balloon Classic. This was the first time we've been here and it was great. They said it was the largest glow in the Midwest with over 45 balloons! Over Labor Day Amelia will get to enjoy more hot air balloons when we visit my parents. Every year since I can remember (with the exception of last year since I was DUE with Amelia and we thought we ought not travel), I have been to the Pershing Balloon Derby. Amelia, as you will see in the next photo, LOVES balloons! We have a great video of her verbally affirming this, but still we are working on publishing videos.




1 comment:

kyleswife said...

thank you so much for posting all these! HOADC has been void of our amelia fix as of late, so this will tide us over til we see you all again... soooo cute, as usual :)