Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our Trip to the Windy City

Last weekend we ventured across Iowa and into a state Amelia had never been to before: Illinois. She got to meet her Aunt Alicia and Uncle Chad and had a GREAT time hanging out with everyone! While we were there she got to go on an awesome walk, see a little Top Chef live, and go to the zoo! She also had her first taste of Chicago style pizza, but preferred the bread sticks instead. Amelia was so content and agreeable through hours of traveling and new sites and people. We love that she is so easygoing!

"First, I hugged my Aunt Alicia. Even though I had never met her, I loved her right away! Then I had to read her a book, of course."

"This is my Uncle Chad. He is super awesome! As you can see I'm so comfortable with him."


This is Amelia with Grandma and Aunt Alicia at the petting zoo we went to before the real zoo. Amelia's favorite animals were the dairy cow and a goat... I guess at least we can find those without going too far in Iowa.

We had such a great visit and are looking forward to your return to the states Alicia and Chad!

1 comment:

kyleswife said...

SOOO CUTE! wish we could have been there with the rest of the samps. miss you guys mucho!