Saturday we made it out to the VEISHEA parade for the first time in the nearly 6 years we've lived here. It was cold and a bit drizzly, but it was pretty awesome. Mostly because of Amelia and Levi and their amazement with everything that was going on. I'm pretty sure they got more candy, or at least a comparable amount, to that of what they received for Halloween. Excuse our [lack of decent] photos. We forgot the SD card in the computer, My phone had a 10% battery life and Andrew's phone was nearly kaput.
This was Amelia's favorite part of the parade. She said (in astonishment, of course), "It's like Cinderella's! I can ride it in when I'm big?" Andrew replied, "Well, we paid for it." He's so funny. It's the Wells Fargo wagon.
Levi's favorite part of the parade. No surprise here! ;) Although he was pretty fascinated by the Bobcat and the Dragon that followed. Bobcat, machinery. Dragon, meaning two people in a funky suit that the kids thought was cool. Because once Caillou saw a dragon, you know.
This is what Ruby did. Slept. What a great kid.
The Loot. Okay, the probably got more for Halloween, but it's still a bu-junch of candy and other random fun things like balls and wooden airplanes.
This was almost 3 days ago and we have talked about the parade nearly 37 times since then. Okay, that's probably a bit of an exaggeration, but they loved it--even in the chilly drizzle. We had such a fun time. Definitely something we'll do again. So, who wants to join us next year? ;)

3 comments:
I'd love to join you next year! (-: And I think Levi should ride the JD and the two princesses should ride in the carriage...and we'll all eat candy!
Well then I'm coming also...I like candy too!!
I want to come also. I like parades and candy!
Post a Comment