In the shower today (where most of my contemplative ideas and blog inspirations come), I was thinking of doing a blogpost entitled "Like A Fish Out of Water" because I have so many things I want to do. Things I want to do with my children, with my husband, around my house, with family, with friends and so on. You know the one step forward, two steps back routine. Anyway, I blame the New Year for some of this-- all these ambitions and goals. :) And I was feeling like a fish. Floundering.
And then, thanks to a friend, I read the best thing I've read in a long time: Don't Carpe Diem. I could have written this post. While I don't really have anyone walking up to me in public telling me to "Love every moment," I have heard it plenty in the last 3+ years. And by my own accord, I've felt almost constant guilt in the crazy moments. Finally, someone understands my thoughts and has written them. Hopefully this is an encouragement to all, not just Moms of Littles.
I can't think of a better way to wrap up a post about how much I love my crazy life and the little blessings in it than to show them to you. Enjoy!
4 comments:
Loved this one! And I've been racking (wracking?) my brain in hopes that I haven't said those words to you. I'm pretty sure I have! (-: I should know better--I still vividly remember a woman, who meant well, watching me wrestle, by myself, the 'three under three' at a public event. She came up to me and said, "I remember those days. They sure can be a handful! I used to wish someone would come help me for the day, or offer me a short break, or just lend a hand." And just when I thought that was the preamble to her offering to help me for a few minutes...she said a pleasant goodbye and walked away. Sigh.
Apparently I do remember 'those days' and I have to say, even in the craziness of it all, YOU are doing a great job, Sondra! Sorry I'm not there to give you 'a few minutes' this morning. (-:
i liked this very much. thank you for posting it!
Sue, I honestly cannot remember a specific person or time of anyone telling me those words, but I just know I have heard and read it a lot here and there. And really, it is good advice to cherish the little years because the do go fast (even from my very limited experience).
Your story made me laugh. Clearly that lady had a somewhat accurate memory, but not vivid enough to lend a hand. :)
Thanks for the encouragements!
“It’s helluva hard, isn’t it? You’re a good mom, I can tell. And I like your kids, especially that one peeing in the corner. She’s my favorite. Carry on, warrior. Six hours till bedtime.” And hopefully, every once in a while, I’ll add- “Let me pick up that grocery bill for ya, sister. Go put those kids in the van and pull on up- I’ll have them bring your groceries out.”
Haha! Love this! Carry on my little Warrior! I'm still ubber impressed with you - even on the tougher days! :)
Post a Comment